To change the brake light on a 2020 Kia Sportage, first locate the fuse box under the hood and remove the fuse for the brake lights. Next, locate the brake light assembly and remove the screws holding it in place. Finally, disconnect the wires from the old brake light and connect them to the new one.
- Open the hatch and locate the brake light assembly
- Unscrew the two bolts that hold the brake light in place
- Pull out the old brake light and insert the new one
- Screw in the new brake light tight so it doesn’t fall out when driving
2019 Kia Sportage tail light removal
2020 Kia Sportage Brake Light Bulb
The 2020 Kia Sportage has a brake light bulb that is located in the taillight assembly. The brake light bulb is a 21 watt, 12 volt incandescent bulb. When the brake pedal is depressed, the brake light switch completes the circuit and energizes the coil in the brake light bulb, lighting up the filament and producing light.
How Do You Change a Brake Light on a Kia Sportage?
If you need to change the brake light on your Kia Sportage, it’s a pretty easy process. You’ll just need a few tools and about 10 minutes of time. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Open the trunk and locate the brake light assembly. It will be on the back of the car, near the top. 2. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the brake light assembly in place.
3. Pull out the old brake light bulb and insert a new one in its place. Make sure that the new bulb is seated properly before screwing in the retaining clips. 4. Replace the two screws that hold the assembly in place and close up the trunk.
You’re all done!
Can I Replace a Brake Light Bulb Myself?
If your brake light is out, it’s important to replace the bulb as soon as possible. Fortunately, this is a relatively easy task that most people can do themselves. Here’s a step-by-step guide to replacing a brake light bulb:
1. Open the trunk of your car and locate the brake light assembly. On most cars, the brake light assembly is located on the rear of the vehicle near the top. 2. Once you’ve found the brake light assembly, open it up by removing the screws or clips that hold it in place.
Some assemblies will have multiple bulbs, so make sure you’re replacing the correct one. 3. Pull out the old bulb and insert a new one into its socket. Make sure that the new bulb is seated correctly and tight before screwing or clipping the assembly back in place.
4. Close up your trunk and test your new brake light by turning on your headlights and depressing the brakes several times. If everything looks good, then you’re finished!
How Do You Change a Brake Light Bulb on a Kia?
Assuming you are referring to the brake light on the back of the car:
To change a brake light bulb on a Kia, first locate the screws or bolts that hold the light assembly in place. In most cases, there will be one screw or bolt at the top and one at the bottom of the assembly.
Use a Phillips head screwdriver or wrench to remove these screws/bolts and set them aside. Once the screws/bolts are removed, gently pull the light assembly away from the car. Be careful not to drop it or damage any of the wires connecting it to the car.
At this point, you should be able to see both brake light bulbs. One is usually mounted higher than the other. To remove a brake light bulb from its socket, twist it counterclockwise until it comes loose and then pull it out.
To insert a new bulb into its socket, align it with the socket and twist it clockwise until tight. Once both bulbs have been replaced, reattach the light assembly to the car using your Phillips head screwdriver or wrench and tighten until snug.
Will Autozone Help Me Change My Brake Light?
If you have a brake light that is not working, you can take it to AutoZone and they will test it for free. If the brake light is not working, they will replace it with a new one.
If you need to change the brake light on your 2020 Kia Sportage, it’s a pretty easy process. First, open the trunk and locate the brake light assembly. There are two screws that hold it in place, so remove those with a Phillips head screwdriver.
Then, pull the old bulb out of its socket and insert the new one. Make sure it’s in all the way and then screw the assembly back into place. That’s it!
Your new brake light should now be working properly.