If you have a 2017 Camaro, you may be wondering how to disable Onstar. Onstar is a subscription-based service that provides security and peace of mind while you’re on the road. While it’s a great service for some, others find it unnecessary or even intrusive.
If you fall into the latter category, here’s how to disable Onstar in your 2017 Camaro.
- Locate the Onstar module in your vehicle
- This is usually located near the roof, in the center console, or under a seat
- Use a small Flathead screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the module in place
- Carefully unplug the power and antenna cables from the back of the Onstar module
- Reinstall the panel or seat using the screws you removed in Step 2
Disable Onstar Camaro
OnStar is a subsidiary of General Motors that provides subscription-based safety, security, and remote diagnostics systems for GM vehicles. OnStar services are activated when the vehicle’s ignition is turned on, and can be deactivated by the customer at any time.
The OnStar system in the Chevrolet Camaro includes a camera that feeds live video to the OnStar command center.
The camera is located in the rearview mirror and has a wide-angle view of the interior and exterior of the vehicle. The image quality is poor, but it does provide some level of security for occupants of the vehicle. The OnStar system can be disabled by the customer at any time.
To disable OnStar, customers can contact customer service or use the MyLink mobile app. Once disabled, all features of OnStar will cease to function, including emergency services, remote door unlock, stolen vehicle assistance, and hands-free calling.
How Do You Disable Onstar on a Camaro?
If you decide that you no longer want to use OnStar in your Camaro, you can disable the service by following these steps:
1. Call OnStar customer service at 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) and request that they deactivate your account. They will ask for verification of your identity and vehicle ownership.
2. Once your account has been deactivated, press the OnStar button on your vehicle’s dashboard to get through to a live advisor. Tell the advisor that you would like to cancel your subscription and have them walk you through the process. 3. If you have any outstanding balance with OnStar, you will need to pay this off before cancelling your subscription.
4. Once everything is squared away with customer service, press and hold the blue OnStar button on your dash for about 10 seconds until you hear a chime indicating that the system has been successfully disabled.
How Do I Permanently Disable Onstar?
If you’re interested in permanently disabling your OnStar account, there are a few things you need to know. First, it’s important to understand that OnStar is a subscription-based service, so if you cancel your account, you will no longer have access to any of the features or services that OnStar offers. Additionally, if you have a financed vehicle with OnStar service, cancelling your subscription could result in an early termination fee being charged to your account.
To cancel your OnStar subscription, you will need to contact customer service at 1-888-466-7827 and request that your account be cancelled. Once your cancellation is processed, your OnStar device will be deactivated and you will no longer have access to any of the OnStar services.
Can You Turn off Chevrolet Smart Driver?
If you’re not a fan of Chevrolet’s smart driver feature, you’re in luck. This feature can be turned off with just a few steps.
First, open the Chevrolet MyLink app on your smartphone.
Then, select the “Settings” option from the main menu. Next, scroll down and select the “Vehicle Settings” option. Finally, find the “Smart Driver” setting and toggle it to “Off”.
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve completed these steps, the smart driver feature will be disabled in your Chevrolet vehicle.
Where is Onstar Module Located?
OnStar is a technology that allows you to be connected to emergency services and roadside assistance while you are driving. The OnStar module is located in the vehicle, usually in the center console or glove box. It uses GPS to track your location and can provide turn-by-turn directions.
It also has an emergency button that you can press if you need help.
How to Deactivate OnStar as Fast As Possible
If you’re the owner of a 2017 Camaro, you might be wondering how to disable Onstar. Here’s a quick guide on how to do just that.
First, open up the Onstar app on your phone and sign in with your credentials.
Once you’re signed in, tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen. From there, select “Vehicle Settings” and then scroll down until you see “Onstar Services.” Tap on that and then select “Manage Onstar Account.”
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you’ll see an option to “Cancel Subscription.” Tap on that and confirm that you want to cancel your subscription. That’s all there is to it!