1. Park your motorcycle on a level surface and place a block under the rear tire to prevent it from rolling while you’re working.
2. Remove the bolts that secure the baffles to the exhaust pipes using an impact wrench or socket set. Be sure to catch any washers that may fall out when removing the bolts.
3. Pull the baffles out of the exhaust pipes and discard them. You may need to use a mallet or other tool to lightly tap them out if they’re stuck.
- Park your bike on a level surface and place the kickstand to support it
- Locate the baffles inside the exhaust pipes
- There are usually two per pipe
- Unscrew the bolts that hold the baffles in place using a wrench or socket set
- Be careful not to drop the bolts into the exhaust pipes
- Pull out the baffles and set them aside
- You may need to wiggle them a bit to get them out of the pipes
- Enjoy your new, louder exhaust!
How To Remove Baffles From Cobra Pipes | Neighbor Haters Road Glide
How to Quiet down Cobra Exhaust
If you have a Cobra exhaust, you know that they can be pretty loud. But there are times when you need to quiet it down, like when you’re pulling into your neighborhood late at night. Here’s how to do it:
1. Find the baffles. These are usually located near the end of the exhaust pipes. 2. Remove the baffles and set them aside.
3. Replace the baffles with quieter ones. You can find these at most auto parts stores or online. 4. Enjoy your quiet Cobra exhaust!
Can You Take the Baffles Out of a Cobra Exhaust?
If you have a Cobra exhaust system on your vehicle, you may be wondering if the baffles can be removed. The answer is yes, but there are a few things to keep in mind before doing so. First, check with your local laws and regulations to make sure it is legal to remove the baffles from your exhaust system.
In some areas, it is not legal to operate a vehicle with an altered exhaust system. Second, removing the baffles will likely increase the noise level of your exhaust system. If you live in an area where noise pollution is regulated, you may want to avoid removing the baffles.
Finally, keep in mind that altering your exhaust system can void any warranties that may be associated with it. With all of that said, if you still decide to remove the baffles from your Cobra exhaust system, here are a few tips on how to do so. Removing the baffles from a Cobra exhaust system is relatively simple and can be done using basic tools.
Start by disconnecting the muffler from the rest of the exhaust system. Once disconnected, locate the rivets or bolts holding the end caps in place and remove them.
Can You Take the Baffles Out of Cobra Neighbor Haters?
Cobra neighbor haters are designed to be installed in the exhaust system of a vehicle to reduce noise. The baffles work by absorbing sound waves and reducing their intensity. While it is possible to remove the baffles from a Cobra neighbor hater, doing so will decrease its effectiveness at reducing noise.
How Do You Remove Baffles from Cobra Swept Pipes?
In order to remove the baffles from Cobra swept pipes, you will need a few tools. First, you will need a drill and a sharpened bit. Next, you will need a sawzall or similar cutting tool.
Finally, you will need an impact wrench or socket set. With these tools in hand, follow these steps: 1. Using the drill and sharpened bit, make two pilot holes in the baffle at the top front and back of where it meets the pipe.
2. Insert the blade of the sawzall into one of the pilot holes and carefully cut through the baffle material until you reach the other pilot hole. 3. Repeat this process on the other side of the baffle so that it can be completely removed from the pipe.
Does Removing Exhaust Baffles Affect Performance?
There are many factors that affect a motorcycle’s performance, and whether or not removing the exhaust baffles has an effect depends on the bike. In general, however, removing the baffles can increase performance.
The exhaust baffles are there to muffle the noise of the engine, but they also restrict the flow of exhaust gases.
When you remove them, there is less restriction and more gas can flow through the system. This can lead to increased power and torque, as well as improved throttle response. There may also be a slight increase in fuel economy.
Of course, there are some downsides to removing the baffles. The biggest one is that it will make your motorcycle much louder. If you’re looking for a stealthy ride, this isn’t the way to go.
Additionally, removal of the baffles can void your warranty and may not be legal in all states or countries. So before you make any changes, be sure to check local laws and regulations. All things considered, whether or not removing exhaust baffles affects performance is up to the individual bike.
In most cases though, there will be some increase in power and torque as well as improved throttle response.
If you want to remove the baffles from your Cobra exhaust, there are a few things you need to know. First, you need to have the right tools. You’ll need a drill, a saw, and some patience.
Second, you need to be careful not to damage the pipes. Third, you need to be prepared for some noise. fourth, once you’ve removed the baffles, you can adjust the sound of your exhaust by changing the size of the pipes or adding different types of mufflers.