In this guide, we will show you how to remove the GMC tailgate with backup camera. This process is relatively simple and can be completed in a few minutes. First, you will need to locate the two bolts that hold the tailgate in place.
These bolts are located at the top of the tailgate near the hinges. Once you have located these bolts, use a wrench or socket to loosen and remove them.
- Open the tailgate and locate the two bolts that secure the backup camera to the inside of the tailgate
- Using a socket wrench, remove the bolts and carefully pull the camera away from the tailgate
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the back of the camera
- Remove any adhesive pads or other materials that may be holding the camera in place
- Reverse these steps to install a new or replacement backup camera
Silverado Ez Lift Tailgate Removal
The Silverado is a full-size pickup truck from Chevrolet. It’s available in three bed lengths and two cab styles. The Silverado’s tailgate can be removed to make it easier to load and unload cargo.
This process is simple and only takes a few minutes. To remove the Silverado’s tailgate, first open it and then disengage the latch at the bottom of the gate. Next, locate the two bolts that secure the top of the tailgate to the truck’s body.
These bolts are located on either side of the handle at the top of the gate. Remove these bolts with a socket wrench or screwdriver. With the top bolts removed, you should now be able to lift off the entire tailgate assembly.
Be careful not to drop it, as this could damage both the tailgate and your truck. With the tailgate removed, you’ll have full access to your truck bed for loading and unloading cargo.
How Do You Remove a Camera Tailgate?
Assuming you are referring to the tailgate on a DSLR camera, there are a few ways to remove it. The first is to simply unscrew the four screws that hold it in place. This will require a Phillips head screwdriver.
Be careful not to lose the screws, as they are small and easily misplaced. Another way to remove the tailgate is by gently prying it off with a flathead screwdriver or other thin implement. Start at one of the corners and work your way around until the tailgate pops off.
Again, be careful not to damage the camera body in the process. Once the tailgate is removed, you’ll have access to the camera’s memory card and battery compartment. Simply replace the battery and/or memory card as needed, then reattach the tailgate using either method described above.
How Do You Remove a Tailgate from a 2022 Gmc?
Assuming you have the 2022 GMC Sierra, here are the steps to remove the tailgate:
1. Remove the two bolts that secure the handle bezel to the inside of the tailgate using a socket wrench.
2. Unclip and remove the electrical connector for the taillight from its harness.
3. Take out the four bolts – two on each side – that hold the hinges in place using a socket wrench or impact driver. With all four bolts removed, you should be able to pull off the entire hinge assembly from each side of the tailgate. 4. Finally, lift up and off the tailgate itself!
How Do You Remove the Tailgate on a 2020 Gmc Sierra?
Assuming you want to remove the entire tailgate:
1. Open the tailgate and prop it up with the support rod.
2. Unscrew the two bolts at the bottom of the tailgate using a socket wrench.
3. Remove the wiring harness from the connector at the top of the tailgate by pressing down on the tab and pulling it out. 4. Take off the two nuts that secure the hinge to the body of truck using a socket wrench (one on each side). 5. Carefully lowerthe tailgate and set it aside.
How Do You Remove the Tailgate from a 2019 Gmc Sierra?
If you need to remove the tailgate from your 2019 GMC Sierra, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. Before you get started, make sure that the vehicle is in park and that the emergency brake is engaged. You’ll also want to disconnect the negative battery terminal to avoid any electrical issues.
Once you’ve taken care of those preliminary steps, you can begin removing the tailgate. Start by removing the two bolts that secure the handle bezel to the gate. With those bolts removed, you should be able to pull off the bezel and access the three screws that hold the handle assembly in place.
Remove those screws and set them aside. With the handle assembly removed, you should now have access to four more bolts – two on each side of the gate. These bolts secure the hinges to the body of your GMC Sierra.
Remove all four of these bolts and then carefully lower your tailgate down from its hinges. With a little bit of effort, it should come right off! And there you have it!
That’s all it takes to remove the tailgate from your 2019 GMC Sierra. Be careful when handling it, as it’s quite heavy and can easily be damaged if not handled properly.
If your GMC has a backup camera, you may need to remove the tailgate in order to access it. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the tailgate and locate the two bolts that secure the camera bracket to the inside of the door.
2. Remove the bolts and carefully lower the camera bracket down. Be careful not to damage any wires. 3. With the bracket removed, you should now be able to see the four screws that hold the camera in place.
4. Remove these screws and carefully pull out the camera. You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it loose.