Removing the overhead console in your 2018 Silverado is a pretty simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. The first thing you’ll need to do is remove the two screws that are holding the console in place. Once those are removed, you can simply pull the console down and away from the vehicle.
There may be some wiring attached to the back of the console, so just be careful not to damage anything as you’re removing it.
- Locate the two screws that hold the overhead console in place on the Silverado’s headliner
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws, then gently pull down on the overhead console to release it from the headliner
- Disconnect any wiring harnesses or other attached components from the overhead console, then remove it from the vehicle
- If desired, use a clean cloth and mild soap and water solution to clean any dirt or grime off of the overhead console before reinstalling it
2018 Silverado Overhead Console With Homelink
If you’re looking for a way to make your life a little bit easier, consider investing in the 2018 Silverado overhead console with Homelink. This innovative feature allows you to control your garage door opener, home security system, and other compatible devices directly from your truck’s overhead console. Not only does this free up valuable space on your dashboard, but it also makes it simpler and more convenient to access these important functions while you’re on the go.
Plus, with Homelink’s built-in MyLink capabilities, you can also use your smartphone to control these features remotely.
How Do You Remove Overhead Console on a 2018 Chevy Silverado?
If you need to remove the overhead console in your 2018 Chevy Silverado, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow. First, you’ll need to remove the two screws that secure the console to the headliner. Next, you’ll need to disconnect the wiring harnesses that are attached to the console.
Be sure to label each harness so you can easily reconnect them later. Finally, you’ll need to remove the four bolts that secure the console bracket to the roof of the truck. With all of these bolts removed, you should be able to carefully lower the console and remove it from your truck.
Can You Remove a Center Console from a Silverado?
You can remove a center console from a Silverado by unscrewing the bolts that hold it in place. There are typically four bolts – two in the front and two in the back. Once these are removed, the console can be lifted out of the truck.
Is There Any Recalls on 2018 Chevy Silverado?
There have been no recalls on the 2018 Chevy Silverado as of yet. However, there have been some complaints about the truck’s engine stalling and the brakes being less responsive than expected. If you have experienced either of these issues with your Silverado, you should take it to a certified Chevrolet dealership for inspection and repairs.
How Do You Turn on the Heads Up Display on a 2019 Silverado?
Assuming you have the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500, to turn on the Heads Up Display (HUD), do the following:
1. Put your key in the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the engine. All of the lights on your dash should illuminate.
2. Press and hold the Vehicle Information button until “Personalization” displays in the Driver Information Center (DIC). 3. Use your left arrow button to scroll over to “Driver Preferences,” then use your right arrow button to select it. 4. Scroll down with your arrow buttons until you see “Heads-Up Display,” then press and hold the right arrow button until “On” is highlighted.
If you want to adjust any other settings on your HUD, feel free! You can also turn off this feature by highlighting “Off” instead of “On.” 5. When you’re finished making changes, press and hold the Vehicle Information button again until you exit Personalization mode.
If you’re looking to remove your overhead console in your 2018 Silverado, here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it. First, start by removing the two screws that are holding the console in place. Next, gently pull down on the console until it comes loose from the ceiling.
Finally, disconnect any wiring that may be attached to the console and remove it completely from your truck.