The side blind zone alert system is designed to notify the driver when someone or something is in the blind spot on either side of the vehicle. This can be especially useful when changing lanes on a highway. The system uses sensors to detect objects in the blind spot and then alerts the driver with a visual warning, usually in the form of a light on the mirror.
Some systems will also sound an alarm if the turn signal is activated while there is someone in the blind spot.
- Park your vehicle in a safe location and turn off the engine
- Locate the fuse box and remove the fuse for the Blind Zone Alert system
- Using a multimeter, check to see if there is power going to the system
- If not, then replace the fuse and check again
- If there is still no power, then the problem may be with the wiring harness and you will need to consult a professional for further diagnosis
How to Reset Service Side Detection System
The Service Side Detection System is designed to protect your vehicle from damage caused by improper service. If your vehicle has been serviced without resetting the system, you may experience problems with your brakes, suspension, or other systems. Resetting the system is a simple process that can be done at home with the proper tools.
1. Locate the service side detection system module. This is typically located under the hood, near the battery. 2. Disconnect the negative battery terminal to disable the system.
3. Remove the fuse for the service side detection system from the fuse box. 4. Reconnect the negative battery terminal and replace the blown fuse with a new one of equal amperage rating.
What Does Service Side Blind Zone Alert System Mean?
Service-side blind zone alert systems are designed to help drivers avoid collisions with pedestrians and other objects in the “blind spot” on the driver’s side of the vehicle. These systems use sensors to detect objects in the blind spot and then warn the driver with an audible or visual alert. Some service-side blind zone alert systems also have a feature that will automatically apply the brakes if the driver does not respond to the warning.
Where are the Side Detection Sensors Located?
The side detection sensors are located in the lower part of the vehicle’s front fenders, near the wheel well. The purpose of these sensors is to detect objects that are close to the vehicle, such as other vehicles, walls, or pedestrians. These sensors help the car avoid collisions by providing information about the location and movement of nearby objects.
How Do I Turn off Side Blind Zone Alert?
Most vehicles these days come with some type of blind zone alert system, which is designed to help drivers avoid accidents by providing a warning when someone or something is in their blind spot. But sometimes these systems can be overly sensitive or just plain annoying, so you may find yourself wanting to disable the feature. Here’s how to turn off side blind zone alert in most cars:
1. Locate the control for the blind zone alert system. This is usually located on the center console near the gear shifter, but it could also be on the door panel or dash. 2. Look for a button labeled “BZA” or “Blind Zone Alert.”
In some cases, there may be a small light next to this button that will illuminate when the system is active. 3. Press and hold the BZA button for three seconds. This should deactivate the system and cause the light (if present) to turn off.
If your car doesn’t have a dedicated BZA button, then it’s likely that the feature is controlled through another menu on your vehicle’s infotainment system. To access this menu, press the “Settings” button (usually found on the steering wheel) and look for an option labeled “Driver Assist,” “Safety & Security,” or something similar. From here, you should be able to find a setting to disable blind zone alerts altogether.
How Do I Turn on My Side Mirror Sensor?
Most modern cars are equipped with side mirror sensors that will automatically activate the car’s blind spot mirrors when it detects another vehicle in your blind spot. Here’s how to turn on your side mirror sensor:
1. Locate the blind spot mirror control switch.
This is usually located on the driver’s door panel, near the window controls. 2. Activate the switch by moving it into the “on” position. You may see a small light come on near the switch, indicating that the feature is now active.
3. Test the system by slowly backing out of a parking space while keeping an eye on your side mirrors. You should see the blind spot mirrors activate when another vehicle enters your blind spot.
2016 GMC Denali Service side detection, U0159
There are many ways to service a side blind zone alert system, but the most important thing is to make sure that you do it regularly. By doing so, you can avoid any potential accidents that may occur if the system were to fail.