If you’re like many Chevy Traverse owners, you may have noticed that your SUV has an Auto Stop feature that turns off the engine when the vehicle is stopped. While this can be a great way to save fuel, it can also be a bit annoying if you’re not used to it.
- To turn off Auto Stop on your 2020 Chevy Traverse, first press the brake pedal and then hold down the “Auto Stop” button for three seconds
- Once the “Auto Stop” light on the dash goes off, release the button and your Traverse will no longer automatically shut off when it comes to a stop
- If you want to turn Auto Stop back on at any time, just press and hold the “Auto Stop” button for three seconds again and the light will come back on
How Do I Permanently Turn off Chevy Start Stop?
If you’re not a fan of your Chevy’s start/stop feature, there is a way to turn it off permanently.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Press the brake pedal and hold it down while you start the engine.
2. Keep your foot on the brake for at least two seconds after the engine starts.
3. Once the engine is running, press the START/STOP button once (do not hold it down). You’ll see a message on the instrument cluster that says “Start/Stop Disabled.”
4. That’s it! The start/stop system will now be disabled every time you start your Chevy until you follow these steps again to re-enable it.
Can You Turn off Auto Stop in 2022 Chevy Traverse?
As of right now, it is not possible to turn off auto stop in the 2022 Chevy Traverse. This feature is designed to help improve fuel efficiency by automatically shutting off the engine when the vehicle comes to a complete stop. While it may be frustrating for some drivers, it is not currently possible to disable this feature.
EASY WAY to turn OFF AUTO STOP
If you’re looking to turn off the auto stop feature on your 2020 Chevy Traverse, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll show you how to disable auto stop on your Traverse so that you can keep the engine running even when it’s idling. We’ll also share some tips on how to troubleshoot the auto stop feature if it’s not working properly.