If you have a Chevy Equinox with the Auto Stop feature and you want to turn it off, here’s how. First, find the Auto Stop button on your dash. It’s usually located near the climate controls.
Once you’ve found the button, press and hold it for about 5 seconds. The Auto Stop feature should now be turned off and your engine will stay running when you come to a stop.
- Locate the “Auto Stop” button on your Chevy Equinox
- This button is usually located on the center console, near the gear shift
- Press and hold the “Auto Stop” button for three seconds
- The button will light up when it is pressed and will turn off after three seconds
- Start the engine of your Chevy Equinox
- The “Auto Stop” feature should now be disabled and you can drive as normal
How to Turn off Auto Stop Chevy Equinox 2022
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t even know that your Chevy Equinox has an Auto Stop feature. This feature is designed to save fuel by shutting off the engine when the vehicle is idling. While this may be great for the environment and your wallet, it can be a bit of a pain if you’re trying to park or just want to sit in your car and listen to the radio.
Thankfully, there’s an easy way to turn off Auto Stop on your Chevy Equinox. Here’s what you need to do: 1. Start by putting your key in the ignition and turning on the engine.
2. Next, press the brake pedal and hold it down for about three seconds. 3. Finally, push the button that says “Auto Stop” on your dash. That’s it!
You’ve now turned off Auto Stop on your Chevy Equinox.
How Do You Turn off Auto Shut off on a Chevy Equinox?
Assuming you would like instructions on how to disable the automatic shutdown feature on your Chevy Equinox:
1. Locate the fuse box under the hood of your vehicle. It will be on the driver’s side.
2. Find the fuse for the auto shut off feature and remove it.
How Do You Turn off the Auto Stop on a Chevy Equinox 2020?
If you’re like most people, you probably love your Chevy Equinox. But there’s one feature that can be annoying: the auto stop. This feature automatically shuts off the engine when the vehicle is idling, to save fuel.
But sometimes, you may want to keep the engine running, for example when you’re waiting in line at a drive-thru or warming up your car on a cold day. Luckily, it’s easy to turn off the auto stop on your Chevy Equinox 2020. Here’s how:
1. Start by putting your key in the ignition and turning on the engine. 2. Then, press and hold the “Vehicle” button on the dash for about 5 seconds until you see a message appear on the screen that says “Auto Stop Disabled.” 3. That’s it!
Now whenever your vehicle is idling, it will stay on and won’t automatically shut off anymore. We hope this quick tip was helpful! If you have any other questions about your Chevy Equinox 2020 or any other vehicle, feel free to contact us or visit our website for more tips and advice.
Can You Disable Chevy Auto Stop?
The auto stop feature on Chevy vehicles can be disabled by the driver. To do this, the driver needs to press and hold the button on the dash that says “Engine” until the engine starts. The auto stop feature can also be turned off by pressing and holding the button for three seconds.
Can You Turn off Auto Stop on 2021 Equinox?
If you’re looking to turn off the auto stop feature on your 2021 Equinox, you’ll be happy to know that it’s a pretty simple process. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes to warm up.
2. Press the “Config” button on the touch screen display. 3. Scroll down to the “Vehicle” section and select “Vehicle Settings.” 4. Scroll down to the “Engine” subsection and select “Auto Stop.”
5. Toggle the switch next to “Auto Stop” to the OFF position. You’ll know it’s off when the switch is in the upper-left position. And that’s all there is to it!
Once you’ve turned off auto stop, your 2021 Equinox will no longer automatically shut off when idling for a period of time.
EASY WAY to turn OFF AUTO STOP
Auto stop is a feature in Chevy Equinox that automatically shuts off the engine when the vehicle is not in use. This can be useful in saving fuel, but it may not be desirable in all situations. If you want to turn off auto stop, there are a few steps you need to follow.
First, put your key into the ignition and turn it to the “on” position. Next, press and hold the button on your dash that says “vehicle” until the menu appears on your screen. Scroll down to the bottom of this menu and select “auto stop.”
You will then be given a warning message about turning this feature off. Select “yes” to confirm and then restart your engine.