If you own a Chevy Traverse 2021 and are wondering how to turn off the Auto Stop feature, this blog post is for you. The Auto Stop feature is a great fuel-saving feature that automatically shuts off the engine when the vehicle is idling for more than 10 seconds. However, there may be times when you want to disable this feature, such as when you’re stopped in traffic or waiting at a long red light.
- To turn off Auto Stop on your Chevy Traverse 2021, first open the hood and locate the battery
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery by loosening the retaining bolt with a wrench
- Once the negative terminal is disconnected, touch it to any metal surface on the car to discharge any static electricity that may be present
- With the negative terminal still disconnected, locate the Auto Stop fuse in the fuse box under the hood and remove it using a pair of pliers or a screwdriver
- With the fuse removed, reattach the negative terminal to the battery and close the hood
Can You Turn off the Auto Stop on a 2021 Chevy Equinox?
If you’re looking to disable the auto stop feature on your 2021 Chevy Equinox, you’ll be happy to know that it’s a pretty simple process.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes.
2. Press and hold the “Auto Stop” button located on the instrument panel.
3. While holding the button, press and release the brake pedal three times.
4. The Auto Stop system will now be disabled and you can continue driving as normal!
How to disable “Auto Stop” Feature in your 2021 Chevrolet Traverse